Are you tackling an upcoming 15000 words dissertation? If so, don’t worry – we’ve got you enclosed. This blog will go through breaking down and structuring your 15000-words dissertation.
What Is A Dissertation?
A dissertation is an academic document students must complete during their master’s degree. ‘Dissertation’ originates from the Latin ‘Dissertates’, which means ‘to discuss‘. Therefore, a dissertation investigates a certain subject and offers a unique perspective. You must complete this lengthy academic paper; your degree will be insufficient without your final dissertation.
Dissertation Structure For 15000 Words Count;
The structure of a dissertation depends on the subject and the specific requirements of the university or institution.
However, a general structure or chapter distribution for a 15000 words dissertation could be as follows:
1) Introduction (about 10% of the word count):
- Introduce the topic and provide background information on the research problem.
- State the research question(s) and the aim(s) of the study.
- Explain the significance of the research and its contribution to the field.
2) Literature Review (about 30% of the word count):
- Review the existing literature on the topic and identify the research gaps.
- Analyse and synthesize the literature to support the research question(s).
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the literature.
3) Methodology (about 15% of the word count):
- Describe the research design, including the research approach, data collection methods, and data analysis techniques.
- Justify the chosen methodology and explain how it relates to the research question(s).
4) Results (about 5% of the word count):
- Present the research findings using tables, graphs, and charts where appropriate.
- Describe the key results and their significance.
- Discuss any unexpected results and their implications.
5) Discussion (about 30% of the word count):
- Interpret the results and relate them to the research question(s).
- Discuss the implications of the findings for the field and identify any study limitations.
- Make recommendations for future research.
6) Conclusion (about 10% of the word count):
- Summarize the key points of the Dissertation.
- Restate the research question(s) and the aim(s) of the study.
- Discuss the overall significance of the research and its contribution to the field.
- List all the sources cited in the dissertation, following a consistent referencing style.
Word Count Breakdown of a 15000 Words Dissertation;
A dissertation is a significant piece of academic writing that involves independent research. It presents a student’s findings on a particular topic or subject.
A dissertation of 15000 words usually consists of the following sections with a specific word count:
The introduction is the first section of a dissertation that sets the stage for the research. It provides background information about the topic, outlines the research questions or hypotheses, and explains the significance of the study. The introductory chapter should contain 1500 words. The introduction also provides an overview of the structure of the dissertation and its key sections.
The literature review analyses existing research related to the Dissertation topic. It should provide an overview of the major themes and theories related to the topic. It identifies existing research gaps and explains how the proposed study will address them. This chapter should consist of 4500 words. The dissertation literature review demonstrates the student’s understanding and ability to critically evaluate the relevant literature.
The methodology section outlines the methods and procedures used to conduct the research. It should explain the research design, sampling strategy, data collection methods, and data analysis techniques. The methodology section should consist of 2250 words for 15000 words dissertation. The methodology section should explain the study’s limitations and any potential ethical considerations.
The results section presents the findings of the research. It should be presented clearly and concisely and include tables, graphs, and other visual aids to help readers understand the data. The results section should consist of 750 words for 15000 words dissertation. The results section should also discuss the implications for the research questions or hypotheses.
The discussion section provides implications for the research questions or hypotheses. The discussion section should make a word count of 4500 words for 15000 words dissertation.
The conclusion section provides an interpretation of the findings. The conclusion section should make a word count of 1500 words for 15000 words dissertation.
|Word Count for 15000 Words Dissertation
Disciplines for 15000 Words Count Dissertation;
The choice of disciplines for a 15,000-word dissertation writing task depends on the research topic, research question, and the academic level of the Dissertation. However, some possible disciplines for a 15,000-word dissertation are:
- Business: A dissertation in the field of business focus on various topics such as management, marketing, accounting, and finance.
- Education: A dissertation in education focuses on educational policy, teacher training, and pedagogy.
- Psychology: A psychology dissertation relates to cognitive, social, and developmental psychology.
- Sociology: A dissertation in sociology works on topics such as social inequality, culture, and social change.
- Law: A law dissertation focuses on human rights, criminal law, and international law.
- Health sciences: A dissertation in health sciences covers topics such as public health, epidemiology, and healthcare management.
- Environmental sciences: A dissertation in environmental sciences focuses on topics such as climate change, environmental policy, and sustainability.
- Engineering: A dissertation in engineering focus on mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering.
- Literature: A dissertation in the literature focuses on topics such as literary analysis, literary theory, and comparative literature.
- History: A dissertation in history covers topics such as political history
Dissertation Topics with 15000 Word Count – Examples
|The impact of social media on mental health
|A qualitative study of young adults’ experiences
|The role of parental involvement in early childhood education
|A case study of a primary school in a disadvantaged community
|The effects of leadership style on employee motivation and job satisfaction
|A case study of a medium-sized manufacturing company
|The effects of employee training and development on organizational performance
|A case study of a healthcare organization
|The impact of culture on consumer behaviour
|A comparative study of Western and Eastern markets
|The relationship between workplace diversity and organizational performance
|A quantitative study of multinational corporations
The word count and structure of a 15,000-word dissertation should be adjusted according to subject, institution, and guidelines. A general structure for a 15000 words dissertation has shown above with all characteristics. Review the guidelines provided by the institution and the supervisor. Breaking down the word count for each section can help to manage time. This helps focus the big picture while accomplishing individual tasks faster and better. Ensure that each section receives the attention it deserves. Ultimately, the dissertation’s success depends on the research’s depth and quality and the ability to present it coherently and logically. You can take help from dissertation writing services if you want to get it done in a more professional way.